Sunday, January 30, 2011

the writers cruise

Pre Cruise:
The days leading up to the cruise were full of great feeling and intense emotion. I signed up for the cruise as a mechanism to make a dream come true: Getting published by Hay House. It has been a point on a manifestation curve to help me tell the stories of healing.
I have believed with all of my heart that I had something to say, but being a story teller is not necessarily the same thing as being a writer. And have thought that to tell these stories I needed some help with the writing of them.
The first book: IF YOU STAND IN THE MIDDLE YOU WON’T FALL DOWN, began the process of “telling the story”. But falls short of what it is deeply imbedded in my soul. So I signed up for this writer’s conference to get some help “writing” the rest of the story that my heart holds.
And to be perfectly honest, as excited as I was about coming here, and knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that this would be a life changing experience for me, I was equally filled with fear. Fear, not so much of failure, but fear of what changes this experience would have in store for me and the fear of success. Now don’t get me wrong, I considered some self sabotage, considering that the majority of the speakers at this conference are my hero’s, mentors and spiritual guru’s. And at times thinking that standing on my tip toes; I could not touch the soles of their feet. However many of you encouraged me, and cheered me on with reminders that they put their shoes on the exact same way I do……… one foot at a time. So I packed and prepared and took off on an adventure with my soul mate and hubby.
The Cruise: Day one:
This is a very different cruise. Cruises to us in the past have been about drinking, staying up late, partying, eating, and seeing new places, on a big boat with lots of things to do. We love the warmth of the sun, and enjoy the good weather the south and the Caribbean offers.
This is a small ship, (the MS Westerdam) with not so much to do but offering the opportunity for the experience of relaxing. Neither one of us drink so much anymore, and we have already been to the islands we are docking at. We both are connected to healthy eating, and have no desire to pop our pants button. So everything its different
This cruise is all about the Hay House “I Can Do It” Conference for Rich and the writer’s conference for me. When we arrived I expected the same energy as when I attended the last “I Can Do It” Conference in Tampa, however it was quite different. Not better not worse, but very very different. I will be interested in observing the dynamics of that over this week.
Rich went to his first class, (with Caroline Myss) and I toured the boat. It was chilly outside , so it was definitely an inside night. We ate healthy, and went to bed early. Rich had his first ta dah moment, when he said after just a few hours with this group: “ Now I see why you have always wanted to be published by Hay House.”
Day Two:
Wow Wow Wow Wow
Now anyone who knows me knows I am not an early morning person. But I felt drawn to get up at 630 am to attend an early morning yoga class on the front deck, next to the blue waters of the ocean, and then tai chi on the back deck.
I have always been somewhat intimidated by yoga, But the timing of this, and the specific energy of the teacher (Priti, from, the Kripali Institute), transformed my opinion of it into a desire to do more. It was a monumental moment in time. I so became appreciative of the seed my daughter sowed in me when she started her yoga journey. I so completely got it at that moment. I have been attracting the desire to do it lately, and what we think about and what we desire we do attract. Yoga is a way of coming home to yourself.
The day kept getting better, Richard heard Wayne Dyer, and I went to the first day of the writers workshop. I also sat on deck as it started to warm up, and watched a school of baby dolphins swim in the ocean. We ate healthy, met lots of new people, talked about the changes we were both feeling.
And we went to bed early again; however not before we sat and processed all about our second day.
The first three hours of the writers conference was worth every penny of this trip. It is exactly what I am needing, and am consumed with new excitement. Many of you are participating in the collective energy of this, so whatever you are doing… keep doing it. And thank you all for being a witness to our journey

No comments: