Sunday, January 9, 2011

talking

"Talking" I hear a lot of talking all day long. I listen, and I try to hear what is being said. And then I talk back, and try to offer validation, redirection, encouragement or whatever wisdom my ooze out of my mind. This is called conversation, and it is the measure of the connection that exists between the individuals who are having the conversation.

Talking is also a reflection of the soul. If the soul is tortured, so will be the words that are spoken If the person is in denial, the words spoken will be like a tap dance around an issue. If the people involved in conversation are afraid, guarded or angry, so flow similar words. One must be willing not just to release those feelings but then transform them into something more useful and positive.

Talking is also a great way, (As is writing) to work through layers of feelings, layers of programed confusion and layers of chaos brought on by how our society creates things.

The brain, processes information when it thinks it through, differently than when it is read, written, spoken or heard. Using all avenues of communication, will assist each of us in determining core information that might be missed if we just try to think it through.

Tribes produce excellent conduits for this exercise. Being able to talk through, write about, think about and listen to perspectives and feed backs, always enhances ones options.

But to share thoughts and feeling one must be in a relationship where trust is developed, opinions honored and no judgement exists. To find that means to give that. So for me to speak, I must first honor the the opinions of those I am speaking to, and I must trust that they will be honest and tell me if I am going down a scary path. And then I must be honest, and only give back words that are grounded in love, wisdom and good intuition.

I know I need people to talk with and talk to. I know that talking to God provides me with great wisdom and guidance, and journaling helps to release and re frame. but there is nothing more powerful than to have a friend tell me back what i just said without judgement, so that I can hear my own thoughts.

I love those people who have let me vomit words, and then helped me rearranged those words into something useful and productive. (And who still loved me, and never thought I was crazy as I was doing it.) I love those peopled who have shared my journey in those ways. And I especially love those who i trusted my most inner most secrets, and still continued to welcome my role and purpose in their tribe.

I will never stop speaking. I will continue to write, and speak to God, and listen.
I will read many perspectives. And then I will sit in my peace of knowing that I have chosen the right path and the right tribe.

Thanks you for being part of my tribe....... and for listening to me.

These are our thoughts feelings and experiences. We accept responsibility for them. We understand your journey may be different. We honor and respect that. Wishing you effortless joy. Eloise and Jake

No comments: