Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank you for the comments from those that were not my biological children but who I loved like they were….

Thank you to my two incredible awesome “step children” who have always treated me like gold and who will always be so very special to me.  I salute their biological mother for the good job she did with them!

Thank you to my three biological children, who have made me proud, and who I love beyond anything I could have ever imagined possible, and who turned out so perfectly, despite not really being raised but who grew up to be just incredible people.

Thank you to my daughter in law’s who have exceeded all my expectations as mothers themselves.  You are just beautiful people and I am so grateful that my sons married you, and that my grandchildren are being raised by you!

 I am thankful for my mother in law who although she is no longer on this earth, her love and wisdom lives on with me today, both in how she treated me and how she raised her son, who I am forever grateful for.

I am also thankful for my own mother, who I never truly appreciated or understood until she was gone…She was a college educated independent woman in the 1920’s who survived the depression with grace.  She would have loved to have had my life… but back in those days woman stayed home and took care of the family; she sacrificed her own life and career to be the wife and mother those days required her to be…. She was not really happy about that…. but none the less she made the sacrifice, and gave me the genes to finish what she started.  I honor her today.

I also honor those women who have mentored me and loved me in ways that I desperately needed, and probably never was able to say thank you to… like my nurse mentors, friends and sisters (and one brother) who protected me and loved me each in their own individual way.

I especially want to say thank you to Sandy (my sister) , who has done much to assist me in becoming the wild wacky woman I am.  I also want to thank her and my other sisters and (brother) for producing such amazing children that I love like my own, and who I just could not be prouder of as mothers (and fathers) and people.

Happy Mothers Day to all!  

Here is a great historical over view of mother’s day…


These are our thoughts feelings and experiences. We accept responsibility for them. We understand your journey may be different. We honor and respect that. Wishing you effortless joy. Eloise and Jake

No comments: