Sunday, July 3, 2011

I have been called a Pollyanna on many occasions, and criticized for “always being up”. The reality is that I am no different than anyone else. I have bad days and days where I struggle through issues. The difference is however that I am very selective with whom I share those negative moments with.

I believe that once we put that negativity out there: like on face book or twitter of even one to one conversations, then attention is given to it and it can grow.

I share my “bad days” with those who have the ability to transform it into something positive and don’t get caught up in its impact.

Days where I struggle with negative emotion and thoughts are not actually bad days at all, but opportunities to look at an issue that is surfacing, that I might not be aware of.
If I feel sad or angry or afraid, it is because I am in a situation that needs attention.

I do believe to my core that in all things there is a gift, and in every situation there is an opportunity to experience more love. My life has not been lived in an ivory tower, and those who know me understand that I have experienced trauma and loss and some real up hill battles. I have learned from those experiences however (and from my patients who have discovered healing from trauma) that it serves no purpose to remain in those negative places. Negativity is simply the absence of knowledge, love and light and can always be flipped to the other side. A shadow is only a shadow if you are facing one direction, and with a simply turn to look in a different direction, the shadow disappears from view.

So when I make a post on a media site that is upbeat and positive, it usually stems form an experience where I have felt the opposite and had to work through it. I choose to share the outcome, because what the brain focus’s on grows, so I choose to focus on and give attention to the most positive parts of my life. And then what happens: is my life just keeps getting more positive.


These are our thoughts feelings and experiences. We accept responsibility for them. We understand your journey may be different. We honor and respect that. Wishing you effortless joy. Eloise and Jake

No comments: