Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One person can make a difference!

These are our thoughts feelings and experiences. We accept responsibility for them. We understand your journey may be different. We honor and respect that. Wishing you effortless joy. Eloise and Jake

Hopelessness ………. HOPE…. Making a difference!

It only takes a moment… to change directions, to change an attitude to change a thought, to change a feeling… Now ultimately we are all responsible for how we think, how we feel and what we do. But the reality is that one person can trigger that in another. One word one look, one action can take a person from feeling great to feeling awful. We can all name a hundred of those moments. We also forget that we have the ability to trigger the good change as well.

Last week I had a patient tell me that everyone else in their life had given up on them, and that they were thinking about giving up on themselves, but decided not to, because I had looked in their eyes and said,: “I think you can do it this time; it doesn’t matter how many time you fall down, it only matters that you get back up”.

That reminded me of a moment in my life, when everyone had given up on me. And I was as hopeless as they come. (As hopeless as I have seen anyone of my patients) And one person was sent to me (….by the great spirit…) who believed in me when no one else was.

It took one person, one connection, one moment that allowed me to make a choice and say: …….I can do it.

Yesterday I was having a bad day… and one person, one nurse who saw this, and with one choice of hers, touched my heart and turned my day around.

I was inspired again, and grateful and energized to believe in the impossible, to believe in miracles to believe in the hopeless.

One moment, one choice, one thought, one deed at a time, touching one person at a time, we can change the world.

Never loose hope that you can make a difference!

Never stop believing in the impossible, in the hopeless.

You have the power to make a difference. One choice, one thought, one feeling one action at a time.

Hopelessness is not an option. Hope is what the world is made of. It is one of the most important ingredient in everything else (love, peace happiness joy)

No comments: